Due to crappy work circumstances, my husband can’t be home for Father’s Day and we don’t know when we’ll be able to see him again. But, we didn’t want to miss a chance to celebrate our favorite man of the house, daddy, hubs.
I asked the kids to let me take a picture just for him, and to tell me their favorite things about him. Here’s what they said:
What Essie loves most about her daddy:
1. trying to tickle him.
2. going swimming with him
3. playing games on his phone
4. laying on him on the couch
What Henry loves most:
1. when he lets us go swimming
2. when he plays Minecraft with me
3. when he makes us pancakes on weekends
What Ivy loves most:
1. when he throws me in the swimming pool
2. when he makes us pancakes and cookies
3. playing on his phone and trying to tickle him
4. when he takes us outside to play
5. Friday night slumber parties
What Ervin loves most:
1. playing on his phone and tabwet
2. sleeping on his bed
3. playing Minecwaft on his compudah
What I love most about him (as a daddy):
1. That he worries about them maybe more than I do
2. That he takes them swimming
3. That he figures out how to make gluten free things because we want them (and for no other reason)
4. That he makes movies with them and puts his heart into editing them, then shows them to us at random times so we can laugh and remember
5. That he has made traditions with them that he enjoys as much as they do, like Friday night slumber parties
6. That he does things they want him to and doesn’t care what other people think (like letting them paint his toenails)
7. That he tries his best to do the girls’ hair
8. That he calls to video chat just to see us when he’s gone
9. That he calls to talk sternly to the kids when they’re driving me nuts and not listening to me
10. That he’s a big softie when it comes to these four, and would do just about anything to protect them.
We love you babe, and miss you like crazy. Happy Father’s Day!