Project 365: Week 2

This has been a super exciting week! After four months of training and fundraising, I finally got to go to Disney World and run the half marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Jan. 5
It was snowy and very cold Sunday. We didn’t do much.
image

Jan. 6
After two weeks of school, the kids had a snow day on their first day back (because of way negative wind chills). So… we did some paper cutting.
image

Jan. 7
Tuesday, I don’t even know….Erv shot his pretend peanut butter gun from the stairs a lot. Stellar mothering there, I know. (Also, solo parenting until I left on Thursday)
image

Jan. 8
I had a lot of packing and jersey-preparing to do for the trip.
image

image

Jan. 9
Thursday was the travel day to Florida. It was a long day, but everything went smoothly.
image

Jan. 10
A long day of relaxing at the Coronado Springs Resort in Disney and a dinner with all of the Team in Training members.

I also explored the gigantic Expo with Laura!
image

Jan. 11
It was the big day! I finished the half, exhausted and proud (though without a PR but more character pictures).
image

And then a long nap and dinner with Laura, Nicolette, and Susi! (I stole this picture from Nicolette)
image

16 Responses to Project 365: Week 2

1. Alison says:

What a great week! I loved all your Disney updates! Congratulations on finishing your second half-marathon!

2. Julia says:

What a wonderful week! So proud to say I know someone who ran in a RunDisney event.

3. I'm so happy for you for finishing your second half marathon and yay for Disney. Magical at any age ;)

4. Laura says:

Best. Week. Ever.

5. bocafrau says:

Congrats again on finishing the marathon. It was so great to meet you and Laura and I really enjoyed dinner with you guys!!! Glad I made the trip up. :) Safe travels home tomorrow!!!

6. Elaine A. says:

What a week!! Congrats on the race! And so fun to see you girls together.

7. Leighann says:

congratulations on your run! You did a great job. Loved seeing all the pictures of you.

8. From what I've heard, you should never PR at a Disney run or you didn't have FUN!

As always, I'm so proud of and inspired by YOU.
    (Especially since I'm still sitting here in my pajamas. Shhhh.)

9. Co-Pilot Mom says:

So wonderful! Congratulations, Greta! You rock!

10. Nicolette says:

Congrats again! It was so great meeting you in person! Loved seeing your experience via Instagram.

11. Laurie says:

Congratulations! I loved reading about your experience. I have a friend in her 50s who just did this as well. It was great hearing her story too of her first (and last) half marathon.

12. AngelaYBlood says:

Great pictures! You look so happy in the Disney World pics. Congratulations!!!

13. Lady Jennie says:

Aw. This is just super lovely. How fun – to go on vacation, see friends, and accomplish something!!

14. sarah says:

what a week! I loved your running outfit, and also seeing you with Laura. Awwww.

15. Jessica says:

I love these pictures and that you had such a wonderful week!

16. […] when Susi, Nicolette, Laura and I went to the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort on Saturday night, the chef personally came out and […]