2013: The Year of the Fun.

I’ve read a lot of bloggers who have chosen “words” or “themes” for the new year. I couldn’t really think of one until today, the last day of Christmas Break, when I took some pictures of the kids playing in the snow.

Fun.

Fun is my theme for the new year. It’s in my name, and I’m going to embrace it. That doesn’t mean I’m necessarily going to go play in the snow while I’m sick (ahem, today), but it does mean that I’m going to work on having more fun with my kids, having more fun with my friends, having more fun with my husband. Letting my kids have more fun (hello, loosening up!).

From summer bucket lists to impromptu play dates to cocktail lunches with the girls to more mini golf with my man, I’m having fun this year, dammit.

essie throwessie snowhenry snow 2essie eat snowivy snowhenry snowivy throw

Linking up with Melanie at Only A Breath and Nicole at Sisters From Another Mister.

44 Responses to 2013: The Year of the Fun.

1. I'm with you! I'm having fun this year too dammit. :) LOVELY photos Greta.

2. Fantastic! Fun a la funkified!

3. Fun puts the Hood back in Parenthood. We make much better adults when we take the duct tape off our inner child. Go for it!

4. Your word is way funner than my word. I like it.

5. therobotmommy says:

So cute and a perfect choice to theme this year!!

6. christineyu69776410 says:

That is a perfect word to choose.

7. ateachablemom says:

I'm all in for fun! Gorgeous pics!

8. bocafrau says:

Fun is always a good thing to have. Good luck and wishing you a fun-filled year!

9. Angela says:

Adorable pictures. I love the fun! You go with your bad self. Happy New Year!

10. Elaine says:

These pictures so a TON of fun! And I love that this is your word for the year. Enjoy it and Happy New Year, sweet friend!

11. Alison says:

YES!!! Love it! I've read many posts about the one word – yours is my favorite by far.
    HAVE FUN!

12. Farrah says:

Wow- that top photo and the colors are FABULOUS! I haven't thought about a word theme. You are most perfectly suited for Fun, and you have very, very lucky kiddos :) Mine has to have something to do about this crazy ride. I really did love the message on the champagne bottle I picked up for New Years- the bottom line said 'Share happiness or go home'. That suits us. Not a single word, but I never claimed to be concise :)

13. Co-Pilot Mom says:

I think that sounds like a perfect word for the year! Here's to having FUN. Also, stunning photos! I love the one with the snow flying around. My little guy is really enjoying throwing the snow this year.

14. Audrey says:

I love it! It goes along with my theme of stop being lame! Stop being a lame friend, mom and wife and have fun!

15. Julia says:

What a great choice of word, Fun. I definitely need to have a bit more fun this year. Cocktail lunches sound like a great idea. Love the pictures.

16. My sister got us a board game for Christmas and we have played it till we could not breathe we were laughing so hard at it. I will have to post videos of the games. But I agree we all need to have more fun.

17. Sadie says:

Love your pictures! So cute! I have to say snow is not my favorite thing,…but kids sure make it fun! :) New follower!

18. Momma Be Thy Name says:

Me too!! And that first picture is gorgeous. Definitely frameworthy.

19. Love it! I saw you are going to blissdom too. Lots of fun to be had there!:)

20. Hi Greta!! I clicked on your blog from the BlissDom FB page! :-) That is a good word for 2013! My word is "Relax"… my goal is just to loosen up and enjoy the moment a little more! Hope I can stick to it. lol.

21. […] I love this post from Gfunkified. She’s funky with a capital G. And she’s claiming some fun for […]

22. I love fun but I think my word would be patience this year. I'm working on being more patient!

23. Janice says:

Good word. Sometimes hard to follow through because of all the things a mom MUST do. But great challenege! I wanna do that one word thing too. Where do I get it?

24. Many physical activities and individual sports are regarded as fun until the participant seeks to win a competition, at which point, much of the fun may disappear as the individual's focus tightens. Thanks.